It's Summertime, which means #vacations for most of us. Even if you're staying home, the kids have #summervacation from school. Which means, you're off of your routine and dealing a little bit with the crazy. I keep my summer must-have #essentialsoils on-hand to make everything a little bit easier.
• Peppermint - open the cap and take a deep breathe, or put a drop on your hands and inhale. The aroma of peppermint will help calm your stomach and help ease the nausea. For my kids, I will put a drop of peppermint on a cotton ball and let them smell that. While flying home from Michigan last week, the turbulence was terrible! And the nausea started to turn into something a little more. That's when I grab
• DigestZen - put a drop under your tongue. I know it doesn't taste great, but it works - and quickly! Unless, you love black licorice, the fennel gives the black licorice flavor and scent. You can also rub a drop on your stomach in a circular motion to help ease the discomfort.
• Balance - is a great oil of choice if the altitude is getting to you and making you feel a little dizzy. My daughter always gets a little dizzy and headaches while traveling to higher elevations. We grab Balance and rub it on her earlobes and behind her ears, also on the bottom of her feet. This helps her circulation and blood flow and helps with the dizziness.
One of our favorite things about summer is spending time in the water, whether we're at the beach, the lake, or the pool. Make sure to have some important essential oils with you, to keep the fun going! Pack your #lavender, #peppermint, #frankincense, #melaleuca and #lemon essential oils.
• Toxic build up happens when we're spending time in the water. The chemicals in the sunscreen we put on our body and the chlorine in the pool, all add to the build up. A great way to naturally detox is by adding a couple of drops of Lemon in your drinking water. It not only tastes great, but is a wonderful cleanser and detoxifier. Cautions: don't put lemon or other citrus oils on your skin topically while out in the sun, you will get burnt. Internally won't have the same effect. Also, be sure you are using a glass or stainless steel cup/waterbottle when adding essential oils.
• Melaleuca (aka Tea Tree) is my favorite go-to oil when the water has been too much for those little ears. Swimmer's Ear can become painful, but I found rubbing a drop on the earlobe and behind the ear, also putting a drop on a cottonball and placing in the ear, helps tremendously. Caution: Do not place essential oils directly in the ear.
• If you have spent too much time in the sun and starting to get a little red, it's time to make an After Sun Spray. To make this add 10 drops Peppermint, 10 drops Lavender, 5 drops Frankincense, 1/2 C Aloe Vera gel, 1 tsp Vitamin E and 3/4 C Fractionated Coconut oil, into a glass spray bottle. Shake before each use. The Lavender and Frankincense will help the skin to rejuvenate and heal and the Peppermint will cool the body down. This is one you won't want to forget to pack in your swim bag!
Do you love being outdoors in the summer? Me too! But one of the biggest problems, is keeping those pesky bugs at bay! As a desert rat, I didn't realize the pain many of you go through with the bugs until I was in Michigan this last week. The bugs were awful!! But don't worry, I've got you covered, in a safe non-toxic way! So make sure you have your #peppermint, #terrashield, #purify and #lavender on-hand.
• TerraShield is the BEST bug repellent! And I love that you can also purchase it in a 30mL spray bottle, making applying it so convenient. I spray it on my skin, on my pets, in my doorways - you name it! You can also put a few drops in a diffuser and have it misting the air to keep the bugs away from the table and food.
• If those mosquitos, ants or other bugs bite you, grab your Purify and Lavender. You can use these two oils together or try one at a time. They both help to ease the redness and pain and stop the itching.
• Do you love to garden? Let's keep the bugs off of your fruits and vegetables too. Add a few drops of Peppermint essential oil to a spray bottle with water. Spray those plants to keep them healthy and safe from the critters. (Do you see how peppermint is a favorite during the summer time? So many uses!)
Get outside, enjoy the sun and water and keep those oils on to hand so it doesn't mess up with all your plans!
(order 200pv in June to receive 3 Free Oils: Aromatouch, Balance and PastTense)